Tuesday 5 August 2014

5 Reason Why I Study CIMA

The good thing about being an accountant - we have choices on what we want to specialize in. We can choose to be an external/internal auditor, an investment professional, an insurance agent, an accounting professor, or simply as a simple accountant. In my case, I never thought I will be specializing in Management Accountant.

Before I decided to take CIMA, I already had CPA under my belt but my experience comprises mainly of 5 solid years of being a Management Accountant. I was contemplating if I will take CIMA or other Chartered Accountants. But then, I found five good reasons why I should choose CIMA among all others.

1) Global Recognition
By becoming a CIMA member you will join the world’s largest professional body of management accountants. You will be able to use the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation and be part of a truly global network.

2) Combine finance and business
CIMA focuses on business, giving you more than just accounting knowledge. You will not only be financially qualified but also professionally trained in business management, capable of advising on business strategy and risk management.

3) Employability
As a CIMA student or member, you show employers that you have a commitment to uphold the highest ethical and professional standards. The ongoing professional development also keeps your qualification relevant.

The updated syllabus, which will take effect in January 2015, is built around addressing the ‘employability’ needs of businesses and people by helping them develop the skills and knowledge needed to create and execute successful strategies.

4) Post-graduate study
It is like taking an MBA - but a lot more convenient, cheaper and easier!

5) Boost Earning potential
A CIMA qualification can increase your earning potential, even while you are still studying. The global salary surveys show what you can expect to earn as a fully qualified or part-qualified professional.

See 2013 salary surveys

0 comments:

Post a Comment